[iyonix-support] Re: Problem installing Firefox-2-r2

  • From: John Campbell Rees <jwcr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 13:28:51 GMT

I am replying to email message
<c422e9c44e.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
 in which you wrote:

> In message <cc67b8c44e.jwcr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           John Campbell Rees <jwcr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> So !Firefox for RISC OS is never going to be finished then.
>
> Why not? It is open source, anyone can join/continue developing it.

But Mr. Nuall's argument is that he the only person doing any source
code level development  on Firefox.  Now that he is moving away from
RISC OS programming, is there anyone else willing to take on the
challenge.  I know that I cannot, as I am not a programmer, I have
tried to understand the intricacies of coding, but had to admit that I
had absolutely zero percent talent in that field.

--
"Like shooting flies with  a laser cannon, the aims a bit tricky, but
 it certainly deals with the flies."     -     Lord Miles Vorkosigan.