[iyonix-support] Re: Photodesk & dynamic areas again

  • From: Bernard Veasey <bernard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 07:00:19 GMT

In message <4eba573463ian.nichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Ian Nichols <ian.nichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Today, I "upgraded" from Photodesk 3.05 to 3.06.. which won't run because
> of the dynamic area problem discussed here recently.
>
> So, I've put PhotodskDA in !Boot.Choices.Boot.Tasks and amended
> Photodesk's !Run file as per the instructions and it still says "photodesk
> cannot start due to its dynamic area being in high memory". Running
> PhotodskDA again changes nothing, running it a 3rd time gets the message
> "PhotodeskDA needs to be run earlier in the boot sequence".
>
> Iyonix PC (obviously), 5.13 ROM (but did the same thing with 5.12), 512MB
> of RAM.
>
> What have I missed this time?  Other than the sheer folly of applying an
> upgrade without making a copy of the original app first, so I'll have to
> reinstall it if I can't sort this out.

I believe it should work with Dynamic Areas but I use it with
Dynamic Areas switched off.  It uses the wimpslot space instead.
To achieve this, edit !Photodesk.!Run to say:

Set PhotoDesk$DynamicAreaSize 0

instead of the default - Set PhotoDesk$DynamicAreaSize 256

I also have the Photodesk image cache set as 131072K (128MB)
Icon bar Menu > Preferences > Image Cache
but it could be larger if you want it.

All for now.
--
Email - bernard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx