[iyonix-support] Persistent font problem when printing PDFs

  • From: george <george.greenfield@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 14:27:43 +0100

Apologies if this is not the right forum, but I have a persistent
problem printing out PDFs on an Iyonix running 5.16: the text is not
printed even though it is present on screen. I have two printers, an
HP Laserjet II mono and a Canon iP4000 colour printer and the problem
afflicts both equally.

I'm using Chris Gransden and others' PDF app, version 3.02.1.23 to
view PDFs by default, Ian Hamilton's Print Spooler 2.17f and Printers
1.72 to print them out. I have copied a large number of (legally
purchased) EFF fonts to my !Boot.Resources.!Fonts directory, but this
long predates the occasion of this problem. Artworks 2.X.00 will print
PDFs including text, but substitutes Trinity for whatever font is
being used. GView 1.52 renders PDFs and prints them correctly, but as
bitmaps (sprites) so the font issue does not arise. However GView
takes much longer to display PDFs so I am reluctant to make it my
default PDF viewer, and outputting bitmaps to print is long-winded and
results in some loss of quality.

Clearly there is some kind of font-mapping issue when printing out; if
anyone has encountered this or can advise me, I would be most
grateful.

Thanks

George