[iyonix-support] Re: Panasonic DMC-FZ18 digital camera

  • From: Tim Hill <tim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 21:02:43 +0000 (GMT)

In article <4f76c966a5john.devine970@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, John Devine (Mail)
<john.devine970@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In article <4f76bdad8cpwoodbine@xxxxxxxxxx>, Peter Michael Woodbine
>    <pwoodbine@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On 24 Feb, John Devine (Mail) <john.devine970@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > Does anyone know if the memory card in the above camera can be read
> > > directly from the camera to an Iyonix or am I going to have to buy
> > > a card reader from The Man Who Stocks Everything?

> > > I was going to get another Olympus but Which? think the Panny is 'a
> > > jaw-dropping Best Buy' and it's faster than the Olympus.

> > > JD
> > Yes it works perfectly. I find it to be a very good camera.

> > Pete

> Thanks, Pete.  Right, the Panasonic it is, then.

I would add that my Panasonic was bought mainly for its low-light
capabilities at which it excels apart from the inevitable artifacts which
creep in. But wow! Haven't been able to do this before (except with a
camcorder). It actually makes low-light scenes brighter, as opposed to
the chemical process which used to make everything darker!

--
Tim Hill,

www.timil.com