[iyonix-support] Re: PCITV Geminus RISC OS 5.12

  • From: Tim Powys-Lybbe <tim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 00:05:59 GMT

In message of 22 Feb, jan de boer <jandboer@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <aa7a4eb94e.root@xxxxxxxxx> Stan Williams wrote:
>
> >  the TV picture
> > is not inside the RISC OS window furniture. The picture is also
> > translucent/grainy as though it is missing some of the lines.
> >
> > Sometimes only the top half of the TV picture is visible at the bottom
> > of the left hand screen. If I move the PCITV screen to the top of
> > the right hand screen, then the image moves upwards but still in the
> > left hand screen. On quitting PCITV the TV image remains visible until
> > F12 enter enter or moving another application window over the area.
>
> is the desktop screenmode a 32 bit-per-pixel one? Afaik the PCI TV card
> directly inserts its 32-bpp image into the screen memory, and if the screen
> mode is less than 8 or 16 bpp you get errors like these.

I have the same symptoms and the desktop mode is 16M colours.  But the
problem only appears when I am running Geminus.  I do not have Geminus
in the Boot-up sequence, partly so that I can run the TV.  But it would
be much nicer to be able to run the TV in the second screen.

As such, I reckon this problem should be taken to the Aemulor/Geminus
site for discussion there.

--
Tim Powys-Lybbe                                          tim@xxxxxxxxx
             For a miscellany of bygones: http://powys.org/