[iyonix-support] Re: No screen on Boot-up

  • From: Graham Jenkins <graham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 06:42:46 +0000 (GMT)

On 15 Mar, David J. Ruck <druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 15 Mar 2007 Graham Jenkins <graham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > When I switch on my Iyonix it runs through the pre-desk routines and
> > then as it switches to desktop I get the briefest of flashes of the
> > Risc OS 5 logo before the screen goes completely blank. The boot
> > apparently continues to completion judging by the harddisc activity
> > light. If I then press the reset button the whole process re-starts
> > and usually the desktop screen appears normally. I am running Reporter
> > during the boot and it produces loads of information, but because I
> > have pressed reset since the initial turn on the report only lists the
> > last successful start, which isn't much help. I am running v.5.13 but
> > the situation was the same with v.5.11.
> >
> > Can anyone suggest the most likely culprit for this behaviour?

> First check your desktop screen mode isn't on the limit of the monitors
> capability.

> Second when it happens, press F12 then Ctrl+G and listen for a beep. If
> your here it type:-

>   WimpMode 32
>
> And see if it goes in to the desktop at 800x600.

> Cheers ---Dave

Thanks Dave for that. I waited until the HD activity ceased then did as you
suggest. This worked OK and from there I was able to get back to my normal
mode (1280 x 1024, 15 million colours & 75 Hz on a Videoseven 17" LCD).

So that gets me going without the reset, but what do I need to do to
prevent the problem in the first place?

Cheers -

Graham

--