[iyonix-support] Re: New version of MiscSetup available

  • From: Roger Darlington <rogerarm@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2007 08:34:37 GMT
On 3 Dec 2007, Chris wrote:
> Gavin Wraith <gavin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> > Ooo, one for the ROOL open source project to sort then (if not
>> > already done).
>
>> I think it has been. I have downloaded !Paint 2.00 (13-Nov-07) from
>> ROOL and I use it in preference to the version 1.96 (21-Feb-03) in
>> ROM (RO 5.13).
>
> I can't find version 2.00 on the ROOL website.  Please can someone
> point me at it?  Many thanks.

I don't know why, for a site that claims to be open source, the
binaries are so hard to find.

The people at ROOL are doing a very good job, but the results do seem
somewhat hidden. Never mind, I can reveal their location:

Try this:
http://www.riscosopen.co.uk/content/downloads/risc-os-tarballs
and download the topmost one:
 all-bin-2007-11-15.zip (4.4MB)

But beware!

When I put all the new modules that are in there as well into my
Iyonix, I then got a lot of errors and crashes.

Beware Merging your Boot file with it... Make a backup of yours as it
was first, then you can go back to that Boot if you get problems, as I
did.

 ***   !Paint 2.00 seems to work fine on the Iyonix without loading
any new module(s) :-))    As does the new !Draw, !Printers, !Help and
!Edit.  ***

But there are many programs there (in Apps) [for instance Browse, and
Pheonix, whatever that is] that wont work without 0.41 URL_Fetcher
module. But when that module (and others) are placed on my Iyonix in
the correct places, all sorts of problems arise. So I don't bother
with any program that wants 0.41 URL_Fetcher module (at least until
such time as any problems have been sorted). I haven't reported the
problem to ROOL - I'm not quite sure that what I say is correct. I'm
not even sure whether these modules are supposed to be Iyonix
compatible, or not. Give it a whirl. Does it work for you?

--

Cheers
Roger

Bury Walkers      http://burywalkers.members.beeb.net/