[iyonix-support] Re: New 5.14 ROM on Iyonix

  • From: Ian Hamilton <Ian_Hamilton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 02 May 2009 09:43:51 +0100

In article <a77f085550.alan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Dr Alan Leighton
<alan.leighton2@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In message <505505dc11Ian_Hamilton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           Ian Hamilton <Ian_Hamilton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > In article <2332045550.alan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> >    Dr Alan Leighton <alan.leighton2@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> I have come across a problem. Sometimes when I click onto a !Ovation
> >> Pro file it renders in !Zap. It is just as if I had dragged the file
> >> onto the !Zap icon on the icon bar. Clicking on it again puts it
> >> right. never happened before 5.15 (flashed)

> > If you hold the mouse button for longer than 0.2 seconds on the
> > second click it is treated as a shift double-click which loads the
> > file into an editor.

> Well it must be a coincidence as it has never happened before but I
> tried what you say and you seem to be right.

It's new in 5.14 - see below from change log :-

<Quote>
Logging component castle/RiscOS/Sources/Desktop/Filer between tags
Filer-2_13 and Filer-2_17

Make doubleclick-and-hold emulate Shift-doubleclick.
Detail:
  Changed handling of doubleclicks so that after checking for
Shift-doubleclick,
  and Shift isn't pressed, it checks if the mouse button is depressed for
at
  least 0.2s.
  Implements a loop that runs for 0.2s whilst checking mouse button
status, so
  will starve background processes for that time but this is by far the
easiest
  way to implement this.
  Also there's no option to turn it off, adding one should be easy though.
Admin:
  Tested on Iyonix RO5.11
Changes by:
  Fred Graute