[iyonix-support] Re: New 5.14 ROM on Iyonix

  • From: Dr Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 01 May 2009 14:43:22 +0100

On 30 Apr 2009  "Steve (ROOL)" <srevill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 30 Apr, Dr Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> A dirty way (remember I'm /not/ a programmer) of making it pick up the
>> location is to have, in the relevant directory, an Obey file, called
>> Run, containing the lines:
>>
>> Set SoftLoad$Dir <obey$Dir>

> You don't need that line.

>> Run <SoftLoad$Dir>.Softloader

> Change that last line to:

>   RMEnsure UtilityModule 5.14 Run <Obey$Dir>.go514

>> and then the BASIC program in the same place, called Softloader,
>> modified as follows:

> And you don't need this BASIC program.

> Put the whole lot in a directory called !Boot.Choices.Boot.PreDesk.Softload

> and rename your "Run" obey file (which only contains the RMEnsure line) !Run.

Done all that, and it works like a dream.

> Ta,

But more "Ta" to you! This is just the sort of helpful,
non-condescending post that people like me, ignorant but keen to
learn, need.

And I do promise that I'll do a flash update when I can get together
enough courage and a working UPS.

Thanks again,

With best wishes,

Peter.

--
Peter, \  /      zfc Tm       \     Prestbury, Cheltenham,  Glos. GL52
Anne    \/ __            __    \                              England.