[iyonix-support] Re: MusicMan and modules

  • From: Joe Taylor <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2007 06:07:32 +0100

In article <4666644C.5090905@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Kade Hansson <kade.hansson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> If you install a softloadable Toolbox, like RISC OS Limited's, then
> you will see Dormant instead of Active in the *ROMModules output. It
> is not a good idea to mix the two sets, so if you have some Active
> and some Dormant, that is likely to represent a problem.

  The unplugging of Toolbox modules is performed by the program
'UnplugTbox' which operates on the basis of version numbers. (If the
corresponding module in !System has a higher version number then it is
unplugged). This means that 'sets' can, and do, become mixed! For
example, since the Iyonix' 'ToolAction' module is 0.29 whereas the ROL
version, for general distribution, is 0.25, that module is not
unplugged.

  These issues have been discussed (and re-discussed) ad nauseam in
this maillist. Might I urge those who have questions re: the Toolbox
modules (and those who wish to offer advice!) to first, please, do a
search using the word 'Toolbox'. They will discover that many people
have reported that the ROL/Iyonix mixed-set seems to work rather well
with Iyonix. :-)

Cheers

Joe

--