[iyonix-support] Re: Lost+Found query

  • From: Steve Fryatt <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 7 May 2011 10:56:16 +0100

On 7 May, John wrote in message
    <51cf94285cmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> On 07 May, Ian Hamilton <Ian_Hamilton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > DiscKnight creates these files when recovering a disc. You need to look
> > at them to determine if they are important.
>
> Ah! That's the explanation. Thanks, Ian. Now I can get rid of them & make
> some much needed space.

After you have checked them: they're not "scrap" files.

The files represent bits of the disc that DiscKnight couldn't tie into the
map contents: as such, they /may/ be your only copies of important data that
went AWOL with whatever you used DiscKnight to fix.  They could also be
junk, of course, but DiscKnight has no way to tell that.

--
Steve Fryatt - Leeds, England

http://www.stevefryatt.org.uk/