[iyonix-support] Re: Iyonix and Wi-Fi

  • From: Matthew Thompson <mt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 19:06:00 +0100

Further to my original posting on this thread, I don't think I fully
understood what a Wi-Fi network involves. I now I have a Wi-Fi
compatible router which i've yet to try out yet.

However, I was told that this if the computer is to be in a different
room to the router (which it may or may not be, I don't know yet) then
I have been told I would need a USB WiFi adapter which when you plug
it in it then lets you use a computer away from the router.

It sounds good and I don't doubt for a minute that my PC will work
with this, but my question is will it work with the Iyonix? I am not
sure that one of these USB gadets will work with an Iyonix, has anyone
used one successfully? it might use some form of software which again
will be fine on the PC but not with the Iyonix.

I'm thinking that to use the Iyonix on this WiFi network I will have
to have the Iyonix in the same room as the router, but it would be
useful if these USB WiFi adapters work with the Iyonix.

Any help/advice very much appreciated.

Thanks

Matthew

--