[iyonix-support] Iyonix Memory handling

  • From: Thomas Milius <Thomas-Milius@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 16:17:27 +0100

Can anyone tell me with which attributes memory is handled in the Iyonix?

I am trying to optimize some code for the Xscale by using the PLD assembler
instruction. However until now without any affect. So I am examine whether
all conditions for its usage are met.

In detail:

All is happening inside regular application space. Is this area of memory in
general marked as buffered and cacheable (allocated by malloc in C)?

Makes RISC OS on the Iyonix usage of the Xscale MMU (is it enabled)?

Many thanks for any hints in advance.

Regards

Thomas Milius