[iyonix-support] Re: Iyonix Hardware additions

  • From: C J Craig <Chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2008 17:43:21 GMT

In message <4f6e81b047ian.nichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Ian Nichols <ian.nichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In article <68a6816c4f.MThompson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>    Matthew Thompson <mt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Just to say thanks for all the suggestions for my hardware additions,
>> gradually getting more used to the Optical mouse, the cursor movement
>> is so much better, if only there was a proper RISC OS 3 button Optical
>> Mouse - oh well.

>> I now have few digital camera suggestions if I decide to get one, so
>> thanks for those. If only I could get this MP3 player to work!

> I don't recall if anyone mentioned these already, but I can now confirm
> that Olympus's shiny new E-3 will connect to an Iyonix as a USB drive.
> The one slight "catch" is that you will have to turn the screen around so
> you can see it and select the default option "storage" which will appear
> in a list when you plug the camera in & switch it on.

> I've also connected an E-3 and an E-300 in the past, so presumably the
> E-510 and E-410 will also work.

[snip]

Do you like a trackball? the Logitech
Cordless Trackman Wheel P/N 804359-0000 M/N:T-RA18
Works fine without additional soft ware.

The Corded (USB) Microsoft Trackball optical 1.0 PS2/USB does fits the
hand better especially when using the scroll wheel to select the menu.

The extra side buttons "page back" opens menu as does pressing the
scroll wheel. "Page forward does nothing?"

4 buttons plus Scroll wheel, no software needed

Chris
--
C J Craig

Chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx