[iyonix-support] Re: Iyonix Hardware additions

  • From: Ian Nichols <ian.nichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2008 20:16:46 +0000 (GMT)

In article <52d6856b4f.Richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Richard Mellish <RichardMellish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Matthew Thompson <mt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:

> > Well seeing as the Optical mouse is here on my computer desk, I might
> > as well give it a go, i've re-plugged it in. What is this HID program
> > people are mentioning? Do I need it to get the scroll wheel to work
> > better ? it seems to scroll down at the moment, when I move the wheel
> > , maybe I have it already without realising ?

> Some RISCOS applications, notably Messenger Pro, recognise the wheel
> without needing any additional software (while still of course also
> recognising the menu button).

I think you'll find that some RISCOS *versions* will use the scroll wheel
without help from !HID.  Like version 5.13, for example.  I'm using it
with a cheap & cheerful wheel mouse right now without !HID running.  !HID
is handy if you want to program the extra buttons, or the extra keys on a
multimedia keyboard or something, but not necessarily needed just for a
scroll wheel.