[iyonix-support] Re: Interrupt failure in EtherK module (revisited)

  • From: John <jwb@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2007 10:37:19 +0000

Hi

Rik Griffin wrote:
In message <4eb1983780gary@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Gary Locock <gary@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Another source of occasional problems is client/server-ing a Datapower
database hosted on that same machine.  No apparent crashes at either end,
but the Access link goes down and can only be restored by a restart. Of
course, this isn't necessarily your etherk problem either, because the
other network traffic to the server is not generally affected AFAICS.

I seem to remember the original problem (from this time last year) did not
stop all network activity, not sure why but some connections continued to
function.

the problem that was fixed was a 'small time window' where a n/w interrupt got missed - resulting in the IRQ line on which the n/w chip sits, and incidentally one of the usb channels, being disabled.

re-enabling this let things continue I understand.

this was an etherk specific issue.. n/w stuff not using etherk was not directly affected, though might have had issues with 'knock on' effects.

Where do we seem to stand here?

john
---
To alter your preferences or leave the group, visit //www.freelists.org/list/iyonix-support