[iyonix-support] Re: Intermittent CRT line collapse

  • From: David G Jones <jonesdg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 11:59:19 +0000 (GMT)

On 30 Mar, Roger Darlington <rogerarm@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>        ----------------
> Equipment:
> Early Iyoniix RO 5.13 with supplied graphics card, Iiyama 22" CRT
> monitor, both 6 years old. 2048 x 1536 x 16M colour mode. It has
> worked perfectly for 6 years, until a month ago..
>         ---------------

> I'm having an intermittent problem possibly with my CRT computer
> monitor, and if I describe the symptoms I hope someone might be
> able to throw a bit of light on what might be going wrong.

[big snip]

> Could it be the graphics card?

Roger,

I can only say that having someone wearing an earthing strap who is
brave enough to delve inside my Iyonix case to remove and re-install
my graphics card (thank you John) worked wonders for the problem I had
(see the thread on "Iyonix Freezing . . . and now dying").

The symptoms I had were a bit different;  but my screen is an Iiyama
flat-screen;  the impact of duff contacts on the graphics card would
no doubt be different with a CRT.

Anyway  -  as they say  -  it's always worth a try.

David.

--

David G Jones                                         Parbold
                               __

Tel.  +44 (0)1257 462949                jonesdg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx