[iyonix-support] Re: Flashed it now, but ...

  • From: "Steve (ROOL)" <srevill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2010 23:14:54 +0000 (GMT)

On 01 Feb, cj <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In article <086dc3e250.jms@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>    John Sandford <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Another file in predesk that Others have and I dont is one called
> > Discsetup, so what does this do, What installs it and is it essential,
> > (apparently not in my case).
>
> I think the xxxsetup files are put there by the various Boot configuration
> tools. I assume if you never change things from the default then the file
> doesn't appear.

That is correct. Can I respectfully ask that people on this list don't start
messing with their boot sequence if they don't know how to fix it when they
inevitably break things?

If you aren't having problems DON'T start deleting files that you think look
a bit suspicious! The most likely result will be you'll then start being one
of the people having problems...

Steve

--
Stephen Revill, Director                                  www.riscosopen.org