[iyonix-support] Re: Emptying Task Directory

  • From: Dr Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2010 11:05:57 GMT

On 2 Feb 2010  David Pitt <pittdj@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> MrJTGibbs <trevor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Following yesterday's help (unauthorised run instructions) when I was
>> advised to empty the ADFS::HardDisc4.$.!Boot.Choices.Boot.Tasks directory,

> Hang on a minute that is not quite what Tim said. He referred to the file
> Boot:Choices.Boot.Tasks.!Boot which he said should be empty and locked which
> would prevent accidental saving of a further file if accidentally clicking
> on "Desktop settings" from the Task Manager menu.

Now I'm getting confused, not unusual for me :-(   I discover that I
also have a Boot:Choices.Boot.Tasks.!Boot file which I have deleted.
On re-boot, the only thing that's different is that the root directory
viewer doesn't open. I've put this file back, with every line deleted
except for Filer_OpenDir ADFS::HardDisc4.$ 346 1076 848 504 -sn -li
and, as expected, I now see that directory at boot time. I can't
remember now, but what I think must have happened is that at some time
I saved this file in order to see this directory when I start up. This
brings two questions:

  1) What is the approved way of opening a directory
     automatically at start-up?

  2) When one does Boot > Configure > Look at or Run, where do
     these settings get saved? I had naively assumed that they
     were in the Tasks.!Boot file, but evidently not. I've looked
     for them in vain.

TIA,

With best wishes,

Peter.

--
Peter, \  /      zfc Yb       \     Prestbury, Cheltenham,  Glos. GL52
Anne    \/ __            __    \                              England.