[iyonix-support] Re: Emptying Task Directory

  • From: "Steve (ROOL)" <srevill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2010 09:12:05 +0000 (GMT)

On 02 Feb, MrJTGibbs <trevor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Following yesterday's help (unauthorised run instructions) when I was
> advised to empty the ADFS::HardDisc4.$.!Boot.Choices.Boot.Tasks
> directory, I am beginning to find the things that were necessary
> somewhere. On my Iyonix 5.14
> Is it simply a case for transferring to PreDesk, the items for which
> there was a purpose.
>
> First off is !LanMan98 which was in Tasks as instructed on the floppy
> disc it came on.
> Then PDFmaker (file type Desktop)
>
> Then Obey files:
> !!RunGP
> !BootGP5
> !UniServer
> ScrnSetup
>
> The first two are obviously required somewhere, but I haven't missed
> the obey files yet. Doubtless I will shortly.
>
> Perhaps I should put them all back in Tasks and just lock the
> directory?

Please put it all back exactly as it was - with the exception of the one
file that you _should_ delete: the file called
"!Boot.Choices.Boot.Tasks.!Boot" which has a filetype of "Desktop". If that
is there, delete it.

Everything else has a reason for being there and should not be touched
unless you have a compelling reason!!

And no, don't lock stuff because that will just break the configuration
plugins when, in 12 months time, you want to adjust your keyboard
auto-repeat rate or something.

Thanks,

Steve

--