[iyonix-support] Re: Disabling Oregano

In message of 19 Jun, Richard Ashbery <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In article <446d8cf54e.Andrew-Pin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Andrew Pinder
> <Andrew.Pinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

<chomp>

> > In NetFetch, Choices->Programs allows you to save settings for: Web
> > browser Mail/News reader Mail trans app News trans app File trans
> > (FTP)
>
> > If only Oregano is listed in the Web browser writable icon then
> > NetFetch will launch it as the default.
>
> Looks as though I might have to buy it.

As long as you realise that Netfetch is solely there for convenience to
make managing the real tools easier, that is fine.  But its title is
misleading: it does not do fetching, though it may cause the fetching
programs (Hermes and NewsHound) to Run.

The only reason why I bought NetFetch was to obtain a copy of Hermes
and Hermes can be run totally independently of NetFetch.

That said I am sure you can stop Oregano being the default browser.  Put
it in a new folder and don't open that folder until you really want
Oregano.

--
Tim Powys-Lybbe                                          tim@xxxxxxxxx
             For a miscellany of bygones: http://powys.org/