[iyonix-support] Re: Disabling Oregano

  • From: Richard Ashbery <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 22:45:32 +0100

In article <446d8cf54e.Andrew-Pin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Andrew Pinder
<Andrew.Pinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In message <4ef585b737riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> on 19 Jun 2007 Richard
>  Ashbery <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > In article
> > <62514.204.104.55.241.1182263515.SUIUQmldS0x8QA==.squirrel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> >>>

> >> Do you use DialUp or NetFetch? If so, just change the browser
> >> settings in that app.

> > Indirectly - I use Hermes as a stand-alone program on Broadband.

> I use NetFetch/MPro/Hermes with broadband.  I don't feel the need
> to eliminate NetFetch from the set up.

The were good reasons at the time for doing this.

A few weeks ago I changed to broadband and successfully use Hermes as
a transport agent -  don't worry I have an official copy from RComp. I
may very well purchase NetFetch but there are more pressing software
requirements to sort out before I do.

> > Can you be more specific as to how the full program (NetFetch)
> > alters the way Oregano behaves. What is the connection between
> > NetFetch and Oregano2.

> In NetFetch, Choices->Programs allows you to save settings for: Web
> browser Mail/News reader Mail trans app News trans app File trans
> (FTP)

> If only Oregano is listed in the Web browser writable icon then
> NetFetch will launch it as the default.

Looks as though I might have to buy it.

Regards

Richard