[iyonix-support] Re: Dead Iyo

Hi

JV wrote:
In message <4A59107E.7090902@xxxxxxxxxx>
          John Ballance <jwb@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi

Do you really mean 10.9v? .. and if so, between which 2 wire colours?

JB

Reading taken from the power connecters red and black wires going onto
hard drive. Reading are between 10.09v and 10.10v

IF it IS red to black, this should be 5.06v .. IF you trust your voltmater, then it could suggest the powersupply has failed, and IF it really is putting 10v on the 5v rail, you WILL have fried the motherboard.

So.. first.. do something to verify the behaviour of your testgear .. e.g. a torch battery .. typically 1.2 to 1.3v for an alkaline battery ..

If you have e.g. a peecee as well.. you might like to try red to black on a power connector in that..

JB

John Ballance C.Eng MIET - jwb@xxxxxxxxxx - 07976 295923

John says: Free Utilities and Global calls? -> Have you looked here?

Too Much Month at the End of the Money? Look at this!

JV wrote:

Hi

One of the Iyonix at work as been losing its network connection. So I
brought it home to see if I could find out what was wrong.

Powered it up at home and reconfigured the network settings to work on
my home network. Re-booted the machine and got nothing. Lights came at
the front but did not boot, just a blank screen. Powered on holding
the delete key down but still no joy.

Is there anything else I can try or is the Iyo dead.

BTW checked power output which is reading 10.09 volts.