[iyonix-support] Re: Cure for resonution if not a resolution

  • From: Gavin Wraith <gavin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 17:57:43 GMT

In message <ad8b39b84e.druck@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> you wrote:

> On 20 Feb 2007 Gavin Wraith <gavin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > From your replies it is evidently not just me. Here is a cure for those
> > with "Resonution":
>
> [Snip]
>
> Its not worth doing all this as you'll have to remember to take it out of
> !Boot before installing another version of the OS. Otherwise you'll get all
> sorts of problems down the line, and you wont remember you've done this,
> setting off another wild goose chase.

It is worth it for me as an experiment to find the bug, though!

> Has anyone confirmed that this problem occurs after a shift boot, and isn't
> related to any softloaded component?

Oh yes! And with booting up with no extra applications filer_booted
or modules loaded. It is not an artefact of the font (with an "n"
where "l" should be) either. It happens whichever resolution is chosen.
I am just making a little test program for MessageTrans_MakeMenus,
which I believe to be the culprit. Adding an extra letter to the
submenu title (e.g. XResolution or _Resolution) makes the problem
go away.

--
Gavin Wraith (gavin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
Home page: http://www.wra1th.plus.com/