[iyonix-support] Cure for resonution if not a resolution

  • From: Gavin Wraith <gavin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 17:05:29 GMT

From your replies it is evidently not just me. Here is a cure for those
with "Resonution":

Step 1.
Inside $.!Boot.Resources create a subdirectory called "Resources",
(if you have not already done so) for personalized versions of
resource files. Inside that create a directory "Display".
Copy the files in Resources:$.Resources.Display into
$.!Boot.Resources.Resources.Display.

Step 2.
Inside $.!Boot.Choices.Boot.PreDesk create an Obeyfile called
"SetRes" (if you have not already done so) and add to it the line

"set DisplayManager$Path <BootResources$Dir>.Resources.Display."

This will have the effect of making the DisplayManager create its
submenus from $.!Boot.Resources.Resources.Display.Messages instead
of from ROM.

Step 3.
Edit the file $.!Boot.Resources.Resources.Display.Messages by
inserting a space between "T02:" and "Resolution" in line 19.

Step 4.
Reboot.

This cures the problem for me, at least. However, it still leaves
a problem for the RO5 developers. It has to be a bug somewhere
in MessageTrans 0.47 (25 Feb 2004), I think. Do those not seeing
"Resonution" have a different version?

--
Gavin Wraith (gavin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
Home page: http://www.wra1th.plus.com/