[iyonix-support] Re: CoolSwitch or similar

  • From: Fred Graute <fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 May 2011 15:37:08 +0200

In message <Marcel-1.53-0509113632-f7fpErr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          CJE Sales <sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon 09 May, John Harrison wrote:
> >

> > > PBFront is the one you're thinking of, by John Duffell:
> >
> > > http://www.duffell.riscos.me.uk/
> >
> > I don't thinkl that's suitable for RO5?  When I tried to use it the boot
> > sequence went pear shaped, so I removed it.  The help file only mentions
> > RO4+.
>
> It seems to work happily enough on an Iyonix here! You need the non-Select
> vesion of the module.

Not quite, and hopefully I'm not muddying the water even further.

You _should_ use the Select version if you're running the latest RO 5.17
(built 16-04-2011), as support for Select's Toggle_Backdrop message has
been added to RO 5.

The Toggle_Backdrop message provides a much cleaner way to get at the
Pinboard, the non-Select version relies on the Pinboard handle being
stored in a specific location in its workspace.

I really should get back in touch with John Duffell to see if he'll
allow me to release my unified PBFront module (tries Toggle_Backdrop
message first, if that fails then it falls back to hacky method of
accessing the Pinboard's workspace to obtain the handle).

--
Fred Graute
http://www.stronged.iconbar.com/