[iyonix-support] Re: Coloured snow

  • From: rickman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2007 23:18:58 +0100

In message <f503ccea4e.harriet@xxxxxxxxxx>
          Harriet Bazley <iyonix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> My Iyonix Aria keeps starting up locked with a screen full of coloured
>> 'snow' (similar to the effect produced by poking screen memory with
>> random data on the BBC B).   When it does this, no amount of pushing of
>> the reset button will produce a working desktop, although sometimes it
>> produces black-and-white stripes instead after the reset - the only way
>> to get the machine to work is to switch it off at the plug.

I get identical symptoms since installing a new graphics card (GeForce
FX 5200 Pro/660TV/DVI)

It does not happen very often as the trick of pressing reset shortly
after pressing the on button usually brings up the system correctly.

It seems to happen only from cold and I believe when I press the reset
button too soon. If I press start, wait 1.5 seconds, then press reset
it does not seem to occur.

john

--
John Rickman - writing from A9home machine
http://rickman.orpheusweb.co.uk