[iyonix-support] Re: Changing Time and Date

  • From: Dr Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 16:31:37 GMT

On 21 Mar 2008  Richard Ashbery <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In article <279f26834f.pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Dr Peter Young
> <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On 20 Mar 2008  Richard Ashbery <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> [snip]

>>> The instructions at http://www.sparse.net/faq-iyonix.html where
>>> you add extra lines to the User obey file in Choices:Internet
>>> don't seem to work.

>> It works perfectly here with the lines exactly as on that page. I
>> have:

>> Set Inet$NTPserver  ntp1.npl.co.uk RMEnsure NetTime 0 RMLoad
>> System:Modules.Network.NetTime

>> added into the file !Boot.Choices.Internet.User

>> and I have the NetTime module in
>> !Boot.Resources.!System.Modules.Network but I had to create the
>> Network directory before I could do this.

>> I wonder if the module isn't being found in Richard's setup; what
>> does *Help NetTime show?

> Thanks a lot for getting back to me on this one Peter - much
> appreciated. A gremlin has crept into the FAQ - NetTime should be
> placed in !System.Modules.Network not !System.500.Modules.Network.
> Otherwise NetTime is simply ignored by the RMLoad command (perhaps
> someone will confirm this comment).

> I'm not clear why I didn't get an error - I thought that was the
> purpose of RMEnsure to check that the module is present.

Glad to help! I think for a RMEnsure to give an error it has to be put
in a second line, e.g.:

RMEnsure NetTime 0 RMLoad System:Modules.Network.NetTime
RMEnsure NetTime 0 Error NetTime module not found.

But I'm no programmer! Perhaps someone will confirm this one, too.

[snip]

With best wishes,

Peter.

--
Peter  \  /      zfc Er       \     Prestbury, Cheltenham,  Glos. GL52
Anne    \/ __            __    \                              England.