[iyonix-support] Re: Can't reset CMOS

  • From: John Ballance <jwb@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 08:14:01 +0000

Hi

only likely reason the fx command won't work is if the checksum byte were 0 anyway.. then try e.g. *fx 162,239,255 instead

John

John Ballance C.Eng MIET - jwb@xxxxxxxxxx - 07976 295923

John says: Shrink bills up to 30% or more? -> Have you looked here?

Too Much Month at the End of the Money? Look at this!

Ian Hamilton wrote:
In article <E8646A0A-6733-4B1B-8324-06A6EE15EDD7@xxxxxxxxx>,
   Gavin Smith <gvnsth@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi there I am attempting to reset the CMOS on my recently acquired
Iyonix, which is running RISC OS 5.16.

I have tried FX 162,239,0 and I have tried holding down the Delete key
while switching on. I have also checked that there is no jumper at
PL414 on the board.

Delete key is only likely to work if the keyboard is directly connected
to a rear USB socket. The FX command should work.

Anything else I should try?

Menu over the 'Configuration' panel has an option 'Default CMOS' although
I've never tried it.

HTH,
Ian

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4881 (20100219) __________