[iyonix-support] Re: COPY aborting on Zip and CDImage files

  • From: Tim Powys-Lybbe <tim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 00:12:56 GMT

In message of 30 Jan, "David J. Ruck" <druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 30 Jan 2007 Tim Powys-Lybbe <tim@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Basically the COPY command in an Obey file will abort if one tries
> > to COPY a file that is already in the destination location and if
> > the file is of the type Zip or CDImage.
>
> [snip]
>
> >   'File cannot be copied - a directory with that destination name
> >   already exists.'
>
> This occurs with any image filing system file, it is expected behavior
> on all versions of RISC OS

Perplexingly expected.

> >   The aborts with Zip files can be got rid of by RMKILLing all
> >   archiving
> > programs.  The aborts with CDImage files I cannot get rid of.
>
> Kill off, or dont load the CDFS Faker (or similar) module in !Boot.

I killed off CDROMFS, CDFiler and CDFS and, remarkably, had the first
continuous backup of my disc for over a year.  So many thanks.

<snip>

> Use a backup program that doesn't use *Copy.

I have purchased HardDisc Companion and obtained SyncDiscs and DirSync
but all of these have had some problem and will not run without failure,
hence I started to use Copy.

> Follow ups to csa.apps please.

No followups are necessary as I have now achieved a full backup with no
interrupts.  Thanks again.

--
Tim Powys-Lybbe                                          tim@xxxxxxxxx
             For a miscellany of bygones: http://powys.org/