[iyonix-support] Re: COPY aborting on Zip and CDImage files

  • From: "David J. Ruck" <druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 20:33:33 GMT

On 30 Jan 2007 Tim Powys-Lybbe <tim@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Basically the COPY command in an Obey file will abort if one tries to
> COPY a file that is already in the destination location and if the file
> is of the type Zip or CDImage.

[snip]

>   'File cannot be copied - a directory with that destination name
>   already exists.'

This occurs with any image filing system file, it is expected behavior on all
versions of RISC OS

>   The aborts with Zip files can be got rid of by RMKILLing all archiving
> programs.  The aborts with CDImage files I cannot get rid of.

Kill off, or dont load the CDFS Faker (or similar) module in !Boot.

> Obviously this is a bit of a disaster when I am trying to backup from
> one disc to another.  And it may just be why SyncDiscs keeps on failing
> to complete its activities.
>
> Any advice on how to avoid this sort of problem?

Use a backup program that doesn't use *Copy.

Follow ups to csa.apps please.

Cheers
---Dave

  David J. Ruck    Phone: +44- (0)7974 108301    Email: druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx