[iyonix-support] COPY aborting on Zip and CDImage files

I have only been able to replicate this problem on an Iyonix, so I am
reporting it here.  But I still have a nagging suspicion that it might be
possible to produce it on a RISC OS 4.xx machine, much as both mine work
well with this COPY command.

Basically the COPY command in an Obey file will abort if one tries to
COPY a file that is already in the destination location and if the file
is of the type Zip or CDImage.  The aborts with Zip files can be got rid
of by RMKILLing all archiving programs.  The aborts with CDImage files I
cannot get rid of.

The problem is replicated by creating two directories, say, Source and
Copy.   Then make an Obey file with these two lines:

   DIR <Obey$Dir>
   copy Source Copy A ~C F N ~P ~Q R V

Put the Obey file into the same directory as the Source and Copy
directories.  Put into the Source directory a CDImage file, with that
filetype.

Then run the Obey file.

On the first run, the copy is made successfully.

Run the Obey file again and I get this error:

  'File cannot be copied - a directory with that destination name
  already exists.'

If I do a window copy, by dragging the file over, I do not get this
error message.  It only appears if the COPY command is in an Obey file.

Obviously this is a bit of a disaster when I am trying to backup from
one disc to another.  And it may just be why SyncDiscs keeps on failing
to complete its activities.

Any advice on how to avoid this sort of problem?

--
Tim Powys-Lybbe                                          tim@xxxxxxxxx
             For a miscellany of bygones: http://powys.org/