[iyonix-support] Re: Booting up is failing intermittently

  • From: list@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 07:48:04 +1300

On 09 Feb, David J. Ruck <druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 8 Feb 2007 list@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > Help, booting up is failing.
> > At this stage it's intermittent.
> [Snip]
> > What should I do?
> The second drive is your most recent change to the system? See if
> the system is stable without it connected to the IDE bus or power
> supply.

It's a cable problem I think.

With the new drive as master (plus a CD drive) it works.

When I connect the original drive as master (plus CD) that works.

When I set the new drive as "master with slave" and the original drive
is set to slave using a second (original) ribbon cable, the machine
won't boot. I've since found that that original ribbon cable is
damaged at the plug connector.

New ribbon cable required.

Do they come with provision for three devices?

Brian

--
Auckland NEW ZEALAND