[iyonix-support] Re: Bin and writeable icon util

  • From: Richard Mellish <RichardMellish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2008 19:23:09 GMT

Apropos Blakhole, Evan Clark <evan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:

> Check inside the app for a module with filename 'Hole500'. If it's there,
> you must have downloaded the patched version of Blackhole produced by
> Christian Ludlam.

I used to use Blakhole on my A5000, and I can't now remember why I
stopped using it when I got my Iyonix, but probably I tried it before
Aemulor was available, found it wouldn't run, and gave up.

Prompted by the recent discussion, I've now tried running the version
that I used before, which is version 4.12, and without the Hole500
module. It seems to work OK, presumably because I now have Aemulor and
it's configured to "Run all 26-but code automatically".

I have also just tried downloading version 4.14, and that DOESN'T run,
instead giving an error "Please insert disc 'Obelix'".

What on earth is that all about?

Anyway it would seem preferable to install Hole500 complete with the
Christian Ludlam patch mentioned by Evan in an earlier posting on this
list, viz
> The !Run file contains these lines (between the RMEnsure TerritoryManager
> and wimpslot lines):

> Set BlackHole$Module Hole500
> RMEnsure UtilityModule 5.00 Set BlackHole$Module Hole350
> RMEnsure UtilityModule 3.50 Set BlackHole$Module Hole310
> RMEnsure BlackHole 4.04 RMLoad <BlackHole$Dir>.<BlackHole$Module>
> Unset BlackHole$Module
> RMEnsure BlackHole 4.04 Error The Black Hole Module version 4.04 is not

Can anyone either point us to a source of Hole500 or send me a copy,
please?

Richard