[iyonix-support] Re: Bin and writeable icon util

  • From: Roger Darlington <rogerarm@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 15:18:59 GMT
On 28 Jan 2008, rickman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>  Richard Ashbery <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Nobody seems to have mentioned Rick Hudsons's GIGO
>> Download from.........
>
>> GIGOhttp://kpo.org.nz/rick/software/gigo.html
>
>> It has an awful iconbar icon but nevertheless does a good job.
>
> Agreed it does a good job - or rather it did! for the last two weeks
> it it has been going wrong on my Iyonix.
>
> Whatever file I drop on it GIGO always bombs out with the message
> "file is locked to stop changes being made to it" .
>
> The postmortem says:
>
> "19b94 in function FilerActionDone"
> "fc167720 in unknown procedure" ....
>
> I have tried reinstalling the application but to no avail.
>
> Obviously something has changed in the Iyo but I am not aware of
> making any significant changes recently.
>
> Can anybody suggest a possible cause?

You could try deleting (or moving elsewhere) any Choices file it might
have, in the Choices directory. No idea if that will fix the problem,
but worth a try.

Failing that, go to the Scrap Directory, ScrapDir, and delete GigoBin.

--

Cheers
Roger

Atomic Software   http://rogerdarlington.members.beeb.net/
Summer Winers     http://rogerarm.freeuk.com/rogerarm/
Wild Flowers      http://rdarlington.members.beeb.net/
Flower Heads      http://fheads.members.beeb.net/
I'm walking slowly because I may be going in the wrong direction