[iyonix-support] Re: Ambiguous disc name

  • From: David Mc Dowell <david.mcdowell@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 16:53:55 +0100

In message <4ef5e421c8mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          John <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello, more knowledgeable ones. . .
>
> Can anyone tell me, please, whether there is a way round this annoying
> filer problem? I still have not managed to re-establich either Omniclient
> nor LanMan98 connection with the networked PC since its last rebuild of
> WinXPPro so have to resort to the 1Gb Datawrite USB stick I have.
>
> This usually works very well but just occasionally - and I haven't worked
> out what causes it yet - it refuses access with this frustrating error
> message.
>
> Is there some * command which gets round the problem? A re-boot and
> potential loss of whatever is on the desktop always resets everything but
> is very annoying when in the middle of something involved.

I keep an Obeyfile called ReinitUSB on the Pinboard with one line in it:-

*rmreinit scsifs

Double clicking this solves this annoying 'Ambiguous disc name' problem with
anything USB ie. Pendrives, camera or cardreader that have been changed or
written to in same session.

Regards, David.

--
          David Mc Dowell:   RISC OS 4 Authorised Installer
           Acorn User since discovering the 'Atom' in 1979