[iyonix-support] Re: Adding a drive

  • From: ChrisF <c.n.l.f@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 10:24:51 +0100

In message <5006A08F.8040302@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
          "David J. Ruck" <druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> DOSFS will recognise FAT formatted drives, but can hang if presented
> with a drive of over 2GB. Therefore unplug DOSFS to prevent problems.
Just noticed this thread.

I've a second hard drive in my Iyonix 5.16 which shows as 112G in
'Free'. It works well, but is now nearly full. I was wondering if I
could replace it with something larger. (I don't use FAT32FS because
when I installed it ages ago it caused problems.) Or maybe it's
possible to add a third internal drive? But I seem to remember that
the OS won't recognidse a third drive though.

--
BW Chris F. [Supporting British RISC OS computers and computing.]

"Thine blade is as straight and black as a Lancastrian pud!" Hugh de
Nangreave.