[iyonix-support] Re: ARMLinux &RISCOS 5.12/FX5200 card

  • From: Iyonix PC Owner <iyonix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 11:46:48 +0100

On Sun, 29 Oct 2006, Doug Webb wrote:

> Hi,

Hi Doug and the list.

> Since upgrading to RISCOS 5.12 and FX5200 card Armlinux does not boot
> and I just get a blank screen.

Mine boots OK, but I can't use the GUI (KDE in my case).

> Is this combination OK with ARMLinux.

Due to the modification on the original graphics card the linux
kernel had to be patched to cope with that modification.

> Any suggestions welcome.

If you plan to re-install your ARMLinux, you should probably change
the setting in /etc/apt/sources.list from "stable" to "woody" as
my experience has shown lots of issues with the stable distribution
as there is no modern linux kernel available for the Iyonix range
of computers and many programs vital for modern systems e.g. udev
need at least a 2.6.x version of the kernel.

> Doug

Regards,
Rainer
--