[iyonix-support] Re: A minor inconvenience

  • From: Richard Ashbery <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Iyonix ML <iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2010 16:44:26 +0000 (GMT)

In article <Marcel-1.53-1104144522-bbapErr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Chris Evans <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu 04 Nov, Richard Ashbery wrote:
> >
> > In article <121d9c7051.Andrew-Pin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Andrew Pinder
> > <Andrew.Pinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > I've just tried with an older copy of Boot

> What about $.apps $.printing $.utilities

> Applications in all those directories are Filer booted during boot
> up

> you can rename them temporarily and use an empty $.apps

That might be useful to remember in future troubleshooting - isn't it
the case that Filer_Run is more of a problem than Filer_boot. Filer_boot
tells the OS where the program can be loaded from but doesn't actually
load it. May be I have misunderstood.

In my experience quite a few problems are caused by software
interactions as in my problem.

I know you can see all the Run-at-startup programs by carefully
examining the Desktop file in Boot.Choices.Boot but wouldn't it be nice
to see the whole program path when you are dragging files/programs to
the Run-at-startup window.

Richard