[iyonix-support] Re: A minor inconvenience

  • From: Richard Ashbery <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 07 Nov 2010 11:54:26 +0000 (GMT)

In article <0080627251.pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Dr Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 6 Nov 2010  David Pitt <pittdj@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> [snip]

> > The right hand outward pointing arrow in the Extent window is the one. The
> > visible area of the pane has to stay the same but its total width is being
> > increased.

> > See - http://pittdj.co.uk/diy/index.htm

> I've tried this, and I think I followed exactly what is on David's
> helpful page, but the horizontal scroll bar obstinately refuses to
> appear. Any idea what I may be doing wrong? I'm loth to experiment
> further until I'm sure that I know what I'm doing!

Please, please if anyone who is not sure about what they are doing -
make a copy of RO500Hook before attempting any modifications.

Identify the correct Res file. Example Double click Res in
Configure.!BootSetup.!BootApps.

Double click Res file to open its resource window.

Double click Pane. Click Menu button over new window and select Main
properties.

Click Hscroll and OK icon.

Click Menu button over the window again and select Extent. This opens
a further window to control the window size.

Click the right-most arrow icon to increase the horizontal window
size. Click OK icon. The amount needed has to be found by
experimentation and depends on the length of the longest path name in
the list.

Press CTRL-F2 to remove the window.

Click on the resource window again and press F3. Click Save. Hint -
file is write protected so you have to set Access to Unprotected
before it allows you to Save.

To test your changes double click !BootApps.

Hope this helps.

Richard