[iyonix-support] Re: A minor inconvenience

  • From: David Pitt <pittdj@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2010 08:15:01 +0000

Richard Ashbery <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In article <mpro.lbh7tk00000vl02ve.pittdj@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, David Pitt
> <pittdj@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Richard Ashbery <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > > On 06 Nov, riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
> [getting a bit long - snip]
>
> Ref: Horizontal scroll

> > > Hey guys - I think I've sorted it - the secret is in ResEd's ...
> > > Pane... Extent window parameters. Its not immediately obvious what it
> > > is trying to convey but playing around with them provides me with a
> > > movable horizontal scroll.
>
> > The right hand outward pointing arrow in the Extent window is the one.
> > The visible area of the pane has to stay the same but its total width is
> > being increased.
>
> Yes that's the one.
>
> > See - http://pittdj.co.uk/diy/index.htm
>
> Thanks David - that link would have been useful earlier ;-)

This is one of those things that takes a lot longer to write up than it does
to do, which is why it started off as DIY for those who can or can find out
how to. Anyway the thread title is "A minor inconvenience".

> I've tried looking at how this is done with RISC OS 4.39 (very elegant)
> but am unable to create the same on RISC OS 5.16. I wonder if it is
> possible?

There will be some programming involved, the pane size is limited to the
size of the longest file name. Select features on the Iyonix, now there's a
thought.

--
David Pitt