[iyonix-support] Re: A minor inconvenience

  • From: Bernard Veasey <bernard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2010 10:26:47 GMT

In message <4CD3D371.4020007@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
          "David J. Ruck" <druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 04/11/2010 18:48, Bernard Veasey wrote:
>> I would recommend you speak nicely to Druck who was the person who
>> very kindly made the 32-bit conversion of !Twirl.  I use Twirl
>> sometimes as well and I can now confirm that loading PrivateEye,
>> !Help and !Twirl 0.09 crash the Iyonix.  !Help and !Twirl together
>> are OK.

> I'll try to have a look, but I'm very rarely near the Iyonix these days.
> It's buried under about a year's backlog of financial documents!

> It would be useful if someone with the original 26bit version could
> check if it also causes problems with !Help on a Risc PC. If it does,
> then the bug is a long standing one which I'm unlikely to fix, if it's
> ok then it's something I've done in the conversion and may be able to
> sport out.

> Cheers

Just tried a 26bit version of !Twirl on a Risc PC with RISC OS 4.02,
PrivateEye 2.85 and !Help 3.07 and it crashes just the same.
!Help and !Twirl coexist happily.
So Druck's 32-bit conversion is not to blame.

Bernard
--
Contact Me - http://www.bapfish.org.uk/contactme/
Web - http://www.bapfish.org.uk/