[iyonix-support] Re: 5.18 Upgrade problems

  • From: "David J. Ruck" <druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2012 10:43:51 +0000

On 10/03/2012 20:49, John M Ward wrote:
In article<526e5dec48mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
    <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
Something I always do as soon as I am confident with a new
install/upgrade is to immediately save the CMOS RAM settings and then
take a safety copy of the whole of !Boot somewhere on the same drive
(plus safety copies elsewhere). I have several generations of these,
each in a folder called (for example) "Pre-518" and "518 Softload".

This makes it easier to restore to a known (working) state if a future
tweak goes wrong.

I'm sure you know this, but if saving the CMOS using a utility such as !SaveCMOS the only restore those settings on the same OS version.

If you restore them on a different OS version, you'll run in to the unplug issue, and also the usage of CMOS bytes could change between versions (used to be an issue with Select).

To set back up the CMOS the way it was after an upgrade, before upgrading use:-

  *Status { > CMOSSettings_5xx }

The after the upgrade refer to the above file, and manually issue *Configure commands for the settings which are different to the defaults (shown by a current *Sattus).

Cheers
---David

--
Email: druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx