[iyonix-support] Re: 5.18 Upgrade problems

  • From: "David J. Ruck" <druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2012 20:12:38 +0000

On 08/03/2012 13:25, mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
On 08 Mar, David J. Ruck<druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
On 08/03/2012 10:10, mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Now, every time I run Samba I get the error message "port 139 failed,
using port 6790 instead!", clicking OK lets Samba run.

Are you also running OmniClient / LanmanFS, if so they both want to use
the same port. Try running Samba first.

I am running ShareFS if that counts? OTOH, that has been running before
Samba for some time without any problem. The problem only started after
re-flashing to 5.18 and then reverting to 5.16

ShareFS wont have any affect, it's only things trying to SMB such as Samba and LanManFS

P.S. Having just tried to send this, I had another error message pop up to
prevent it. I have no idea whether it is relevant to this case but it says
"Socket error when sending command: No buffer space available (55)"
So I thought I would append it anyway.

Doesn't sound good. If it happens again, do a press ctrl+F12 and type

   ShowStat
   ExInfo

Cheers
---David