[iyonix-support] Re: 5.18 Upgrade

[snip...]

> > Martin, Andrew etc. Some of us are still primarily users, and even have
> > businesses to run so often do not have time to keep up-to-date with
> > upgrades or have the annoyance of an upgrade messing up systems and having
> > to spend time clearing up. If we know what needs to be done we can
> > schedule the appropriate period of time to do the full upgrade.
>
> If you haven't got the time and competency to track down issues and work
> around them, then don't try new OS versions days after they are released!

ABSOLUTELY!

This is the ground rule in pretty much any serious IT business. Usually
if new software is released you do NOT put it on production systems for
some time but wait for others to discover the issues - unless you have
the time to help with this discovery business... or the new release
addresses issues that you have and need fixed!

--
Herbert

Herbert zur Nedden
German Archimedes Group http://www.gag.de

Herausgeber DER deutschen RISC OS-Zeitschrift.

visit http://www.freelists.org/list/iyonix-support
Other info via http://www.freelists.org/webpage/iyonix-support