[iyonix-support] 5.18 Upgrade

  • From: John Harrison <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Iyonix support <iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2012 18:29:07 +0000 (GMT)

I have just done the upgrade to 5.18 from 5.16, using the softload version
as a precaution.  Before doing so I checked that I didn't have any modules
unplugged.

The upgrade runs OK, and most things seem to work, but I have discovered
two problems - in two different Apps, and both related to embedded images.
Given the similar flavour I will raise it here first.

WebWonder's page editor doesn't render any images.  For background images
it takes an age to load, and the window is transparent so I can see the
pinboard behind the text, and for normal images they appear as place
holders as if the image files were absent.  They aren't absent, and the
pages render OK in NetSurf.

OvationPro doesn't render rotated images.  It takes an age to render them,
and may render the whole image, or may leave streaks across the right hand
part of the image.

In the middle of trying one of the O-Pro files and writing this message, I
got error messages from both O-Pro and Pluto, and the machine hung.  Not
sure of the exact sequence.

I tried both EasiWriter and Draw files with embedded images and they
rendered OK.

Is there something basic to do with embedded image rendering that might
have changed with the upgrade that I should check?

I don't recall seeing this mentioned by other folk, but if it was,
apologies for missing it.

Regards

--
John Harrison