[iyonix-support] Re: 5.18 Upgrade

  • From: cj <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2012 14:39:47 +0000 (GMT)

In article <526c3a8e7ftim@xxxxxxxxx>,
   Tim Hill <tim@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I think what is meant is that from a users perspective perhaps it
> _is_ a radical change when it means something that worked now
> doesn't.

The point is that (in this case) OPro was fixed as soon as the
problem became evident about a year ago with a development build of
RISC OS 5.17, as it was then. If my memory serves correctly, it also
was not a deliberate 'radical' change in RISC OS per se - it was
rather a case of fixing an operating system SWI to follow more
closely what had been stated in the PRM for a long time.

--
        Chris Johnson