[iyonix-support] Re: 516 and the Network Chip Problem

  • From: Doug Webb <doug.j.webb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2010 11:01:01 GMT

In message <50e2b67321john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          John M Ward <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I am one of those who haven't yet upgraded to RISC OS 5.16 because, when
> I tried the softload, the networking became unavailable. This was
> something I had encountered with 5.14 softload so had already abandoned
> that and reverted to 5.11 where I am now.  I didn't know then what was
> the cause of the problem; it was covered here recently, which was helpful.

Sounds like you have an issue with either the PSU or Network chip or
your !Boot set up.

I notice that your softloading and again this may be an issue where
the softload hasn't been set up correctly interrupting your Boot
sequence.

Download Reporter and see what it reports.

--
Using an IYONIX pc and RISC OS 5.16, the thinking person's alternative
operating system to Microsoft Windows.