[isapros] Re: TMG Unsupported

  • From: Jim Harrison <Jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "isapros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <isapros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 17:52:09 +0000

The EV certificates are actually the same as the CNG certificates - not enough
design/coding/testing cycles.
It's truly sukky, but you can't do everything with finite resources.

The IPv6 effort is the same; what we thought we could accomplish turned out to
be a much larger beast.
Again; with UAG/DA on teh horizon and that being the grand goal for MS, we had
to make choices. You can see where IPv6 was already team goal in the WPAD
script, logging, default protocols, etc. - we just didn't get to do the
remaining work necessary to make it work right.

Stateful session failover isn't as simple as many folks make it sound and
sadly, while NLB doesn't support it, we can't. TMG doesn't do anything with NLB
that the NLB product doesn't allow.