[isapros] Re: ISA, Exchange 2007 and Perimeter Networks

  • From: "Thor (Hammer of God)" <thor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "isapros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <isapros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 20:40:32 -0800

Not sure where I lost you on that, Jim... That design does NOT use separate
domains...  They are part of the SAME DOMAIN.  It¹s exactly as Tom said...
You can¹t have an FE server in a separate domain anyway unless you then have
a trust relationship which is then ³the same thing² operationally.

This is really easy, and I¹m not sure how anyone can argue against this
point:

1: Box1 <-> FULL STACK <-> Box2
2: Box1 <-> Limited Protocols only for Functionality <-> Box2

2 will *always* be more secure than 1.  Always!! And we are not talking
³hard to implement² here.  Even if there is no DMZ, you could still stick in
1 more NIC in the border ISA box and hang your FE off of that, and you¹ll
still be better off than simply publishing an internal server...

WTF am I missing here?  Have you all started doing crack or something?

On 1/10/07 8:16 PM, "Jim Harrison" <Jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx> spoketh to all:

>>> http://www.isaserver.org/tutorials/Configure-ISA-2004-Network-Services-Segme